Airports of Mauritius Co. Ltd (AML), the Aerodrome Operator of SSR International Airport located in Mauritius, recognises its responsibility to protect and enhance the environment in which it operates.
AML is committed to the protection of the environment by ensuring that:
- its operations as well as those of its subsidiaries do not adversely impact on the environment and surrounding community and are in compliance with all applicable laws, policies and standards;
- employees and stakeholders are also engaged towards protecting and maintaining a safe and clean airport environment;
- adequate measures are adopted to conserve natural resources and energy;
- carbon emissions are monitored and carbon reduction action plans are developed and implemented;
- sustainability principles are incorporated in the procurement system;
- its environmental performance is continually monitored and improved;
- all future developments at SSR International Airport are carried out in a sustainable manner; and
- an Energy Management System in line with ISO 50001 is fully implemented.
AML commits to review and update the policy objectives annually to reflect changing regulatory conditions and developments in airport operations.
The scope of this Environmental Policy only concerns those business activities, services and premises directly under the control of AML. However, AML acknowledges there are activities outside its scope which it can influence and will seek collaboration from stakeholders to operate in compliance with the principles within this policy.
07 April 2017