In line with recent developments in Aviation Security, AML and the local law enforcing agencies strive to make your journey the safest possible. We believe that Security is Everyone's concern and therefore solicit your cooperation. Below are certain quick tips which can contribute to make the airport and air travel safer.
• Make jokes about bombs or security threats. This is a criminal offence.
• Pack sharp objects such as knives, scissors, corkscrews, or knitting needles in your hand luggage.
• Refuse screening.
• Leave your hand luggage unattended at any time.
• Refuse random explosive trace detection (ETD) screening if you are asked to participate.
Cooperating with Security helps to make the screening process faster. In case of doubt, feel free to enquire with Airport security officers on the floor.
• Check with your airline beforehand as to what you can't take on board or in your cabin baggage.
• Take airport and aircraft security seriously and give yourself time to clear airport screening processes
• Place small and valuable items in your hand luggage before you get to the screening point.
• Place all the contents of your pockets into a tray before going through the screening point.
• Let screening staff know if you have any medical conditions that might be affected by the screening: for example if you have a pacemaker or implanted metallic joint.
• Take your laptop out of its case and place it in a tray and then onto the screening conveyor belt.
• Hand over any prohibited items and weapons to the screening staff at the security screening point.