• To man and maintain:
(a) fire fighting appliances and equipment
(b) rescue boats, liferafts and related equipment; and
(c) airport fire stations.
• To participate and/or take charge of a crew in fighting, controlling and extinguishing airport and aircraft fires affecting rescue of persons and property and in preserving lives;
• To perform sentry duties, fire drills, physical training and attend parades;
• To man the Watchtower to ensure that aircraft movement areas are clear and safe for landing, taxing, parking and taking off;
• To make periodical inspections of fire fighting equipment and appliances affecting minor servicing/repairs and where applicable refuelling;
• To drive fire fighting vehicles wherever required;
• To perform office duties including keeping of records, Occurrence Book, answering telephone calls and raising fire alarms;
• To participate in the training of junior colleagues and new recruits, organise simple drills;
• To participate in rescue operations during national calamities and major accidents.
• To perform fence patrol and apron control;
• To check hydrants and hose reels throughout the aerodrome;
• To attend refuelling, engine run of aircraft and fire alarms;
• To assist training of stakeholders in Basic Fire Fighting awareness;
• To make proper use, cleaning and refilling of breathing apparatus;
• To deal with dangerous goods; and
• To perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned.
• Airport Firefighter shall be required to work on a 24-hour shift system throughout the year.
• Airport Firefighter should be available to continue duty or attend duty outside their normal shift arrangement at short notice.
• Applicants should have reached their 20th birthday and should not have reached their 31st birthday on the deadline date for submission of applications.
• Minimum School Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level with at least five subjects, including English language, Physics and Chemistry.
• Driving Licence for Private Car.
• Minimum Height: Gent: 1m70cm Ladies: 1m62cm
• Normal Eyesight (without glasses or contact lenses).
• Good swimmer.
• Computer literacy would be an advantage.
Note: It is mandatory for selected applicants to secure a Goods Vehicle Licence prior to confirmation in post.
Check your Downloads folder on your PC